Remember the old photographs of your Aunt Sally Mae when she was in her prime? Thin, perfectly tan-skinned beauty; the envy of all the other young ladies. Kind of hard to imagine when you look at her now. Her low-cut top reveals a sun-scorched in place of a sun-kissed cleavage, outlined with unsightly deep wrinkles that look like they’re made of leather. Not very appealing to any eye. But hey, she still has that tan!
August is the hottest month of the year in Alabama and we won’t enjoy cooler temperatures until late October! So, in these scorching temps, how can we achieve the look we’re going for, yet save ourselves from inheriting Aunt Sally Mae’s raisin bodysuit? Being a seasoned beauty is just as much fun as being part of the young and beautiful. Come on, we all want to age well, right?
Prolong the Beauty of your Skin this Summer
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! You can still get that sun-kissed look when you use protection. Remember to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily (even on cloudy days) which protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Did you know we carry sunscreen at Escape? Ask about Hydrafacial sunscreen for your face when you call or next time you’re in!
- FRESH plant-based foods. Take care of your skin from the inside out. Eat lots of fresh plant-based foods (none of the canned stuff will do). You may even want to grow your own garden to ensure you’re getting the max amount of nutrients from your food. As soon as plant-based food is picked, it begins to lose the sought-after vitamins, minerals, etc. Visit Farmer’s Markets and buy local! Check out this list of 22 foods that improve skin…Pst! Dark chocolate made the list!
- Reduce alcohol consumption and quit smoking. Alcohol dehydrates and smoking…well, it will eventually make you look like you have one foot in the grave and possibly send you to that grave before you’re ready. Smoking deteriorates the skin’s elastic fibers and makes your complexion dull and uneven. Quitting is tough. But not impossible. Need help?
- Exercise, reduce stress, and get plenty of sleep. Doing the first will help conquer the second and promote the third. All three help improve the condition of your skin! Try a few relaxation methods such as meditation and massage to help you prevent and fight stress.
- Hydrafacial. Did you know that Hydrafacial offers immediate results with no downtime? It hydrates and plumps skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimizes dark spots, decreases hyperpigmentation, cleans out clogged pores, reduces the appearance of enlarged pores, helps minimize mild acne, and works to neutralize your skin. Your face could definitely use the extra during the hot months! Browse our Hydrafacial options here.
- Spray Tan. The healthy and gorgeous alternative to sun and tanning beds! Our all-natural, healthy sunless tanning system is a unique combination of organic, natural and hypo-allergenic ingredients that not only deliver the perfect spray tan, but build, nourish and hydrate the skin all at the same time. Learn more here or visit our Spray Tan page.
- Body Wraps. Like we see with Aunt Sally Mae, it’s about more than just the skin on our face! Body Wraps are designed to improve the texture and appearance of the skin by helping to rid the body of excess fluids and toxins. Read all about Body Wraps on our blog or visit our Body Wraps page to book yours!
Our blog has a wealth of information on different services that will improve your skin. I mean, we are a spa after all! Check out all our services and plan a Funday Spaday! Oh, and for the LOVE…invite Aunt Sally Mae.